There are pros and cons to doing this whole monthly recap thing. The pro is that it’s an incredible reminder and chance to reflect on all that happened during the last 30ish days. Yet, on the flip side, I seem to have these freak out “HOW IS THIS MONTH GONE?!” moment every time. So, while I sort out my conflicted feelings about it all, here’s a look at what the Instagram documented for my August!…
- Ruth & Terron’s engagement session – a new favorite!!!! – & their sweet love story melted everyone (read it & see more here)
- Another dear friend is engaged and yes, I’ll be in her wedding this November (#3 for this year! eep!!!), and yes we spent a day planning on Pinterest while drinking tea.
- Assisted David Abel at a gorgeous Washington D.C. wedding (see that blog post here)
- Still loving my Etsy calendar
- Throwback to the #KirbyEverAfter bachelorette party (again)
- While in Colorado, my guy did a Weekend Wear shoot for me. At a waterfall. With grafitti. And urban style.
- Birthday presents are the best
- Networked & still continuing to befriend fellow creatives with The Rising Tide Society (our Insta challenges were way too fun! #MyMondayMugShot went too viral so now, look for #MakeWavesMonday)
- Moved Eliza into college
- Finished editing a shoot with my friend Zac – 1/3 of Brothers & Craft (more coming)!
- Edited the Oak Hills Events styled shoot (also coming soon!)
- I want fall to come. Pronto!
- National Left-handed day was indeed a celebration
- Met with two new friends and second shooters over coffee
- Steve & Alicia are married (see it here)!!!
- New shoes, errands, handpicked flowers & coffee = productive days
- Power lipstick is a thing
- #MakeWavesMonday coffee
- Urban wear with help from Eliza
- The Instagram update! – no more restrictions of square images only! So excited and so grateful!
- Rediscovered my passion for styling
- While in Colorado I had an adorable family session
And because this deserves it’s own bullet point and adequate spacing….
- Stephen and I were featured on Echo Photography’s blog from our super fun shoot in Kansas. Seriously. Stop what you’re doing, click here for the full post, and follow her Instagram too! She’s amazing and such a dear friend. Thanks Jessi!!!
- Speaking of my guy, HE MOVED TO DC for the fall – 21 hours down to 2 hours away = much happiness
Whew. What a month! Follow me live to get the full story as it happens @PattengalePhoto!
What were some highlights from your August? Until next time…