I think it’s safe to say that the typical I-Have-All-Of-These-Amazing-Goals have kind of gotten lost in the shuffle of life. Yet, I’m alright with the realities before me. In fact I’m stupid happy.
I’m kind of geeking out
for all the NEW goals & things to add.
Because really, it’s 10x more fun to start something new (like, hullo my own wedding planning), than to finish a list of goals that have felt stale in comparison. Before you get all concerned for me, let me say this: My 2016 goals are still good & valid. I’m just finding myself in a constant state of re-evaluation. Anyway.
What happened to July, though?
- Independence Day: spent in Kansas City with Bae for family vacay & we had our first Engagement Party!
- Went to CreateRVA industry event (read: adorable berry bowls) at Paisley & Jade
- Blogged my favorite Heirloom Product
- Toured Richmond wedding venues
- Snapchatted my journey of sewing a zipper in over 4 times
- And then blogged vulnerably: Confessions of a Skinny Girl
- Began a new blog series to track & detail my journey into this Fiance & Wife thing (join me?)
- Celebrated 1 month of being engaged
- Toured & participated in an industry meetup at the dreamy, DOVER HALL
- Blogged Peyton’s gorgeous self – downtown Richmond
- Weekend Wear took a turn in Kansas City
- Spent the week in Washington D.C. & the guy was there too
- TURNED 24 YEARS OLD & naturally, blogged secrets
- Birthday weekend = romantic dinners, binge watched Stranger Things (8 hours in a row), donuts from Sugar Shack, brunching, & wedding planning happiness!
Goals (an honest look):
- Totally didn’t do great on water consumption
- Stayed up too late too many nights – but it was fun
- Did not exercise
But I did!….
- Attend industry events (a couple, actually)
- Skype long distance friends
- Make significant headway in Plan-This-First-Things for the wedding
- Took time to relax: hullo pool dayz
- Stay up-to-date on current events
- Consistently kill it on my reading goals
- Get back on a budget
- Order sample Bridal Guide (!!!!)
- Explore new places & host friends
I clearly have things to work on. But all in all, July was pretty fantastic! We are midway through August and I can’t wait for upcoming travels (hullo Seattle) & really, truly, getting on a workout routine to name a few.
What about you? How was July?
Psssst! You’re invited along for the crazy.
Follow me over on the Insta –> @PattengalePhoto