There’s just something about traveling across the country and meeting people from all over. It was a huge honor to have connected with Matt & Vanessa and that they entrusted me to photograph their wedding in Long Island, New York, with their closest friends and family.
We had met just three months prior on my visit to California. I was here exploring the possibility of relocating my business to Southern California and I needed to connect with as many vendors & couples as possible. And also visit all the surrounding areas, from San Diego to Santa Barbara and everywhere in between.
There are so many memories that come to mind from this time, one year ago. Such as…
- Spending an afternoon exploring Lido Marina Village in Orange County and all the quaint shops located there along the marina.
- Traveling down to San Diego for a last-minute engagement session at Torrey Pines.
- Touring some of the best, European-inspired wedding venues Southern California has to offer.
And of course, meeting Matt & Vanessa at San Juan Capistrano for their romantic, garden engagement session (and the conversations after that led to booking their wedding in New York).
“I saw a side of Matt I had never seen before – we were so nervous but you made it easy immediately. I’ll try not to cry when I say this, but thank you so so much. We didn’t know what we were missing until we worked with you. And I know that this sounds crazy, but we fell more in love with each other.” – Vanessa
Tented Wedding Celebration in Long Island New York
As someone who had worked in the events industry on the catering side of things, Vanessa wanted their wedding to have just the right mix of no-fuss personalization coupled with throwing the best PARTY with incredible food. The couple chose Matt’s childhood home in Long Island, New York, as the location (and due to the pandemic, the safest choice to not have the headaches of rescheduling). It was the perfect nod to the two of them, their history, & ensuring their families could all join in the celebration.
To elevate the space, the swimming pool was covered with a gorgeous, custom-designed acrylic dance floor and floating globes and a clear top tent was installed for the reception area. Twinkle lights spanning the distance created an intimate and fun ambiance zig-zagging throughout the entire property.
And while the deluge of all-day rain resulted in many called audibles, alternative photo locations, & a tented ceremony and reception all in one, the planners at Kalon Event & Food Design pulled off an incredible evening that both the newlyweds & the guests could fully enjoy and celebrate into the night as the sky cleared.
Enjoy these favorites from Matt & Vanessa’s special wedding day.
RELATED: You might also enjoy, Exploring New York City in 48 hours
CREATIVE WEDDING PARTNER’S
- Planner & Catering Kalon Event + Food Design
- Venue: Private home, Long Island NY
- Florist: The Funky Flower
- Cake: Brown Butter BakeShoppe
- Videographer: Visions Fine Photography Limited
- Hair & Makeup: Looks by Gigi
- Wedding dress: Anna Campbell Bridal
- Custom Suit: Saks Fifth
- Tent: Long Island Tent & Party Rentals
- Dance floor & lighting: NY Lounge Decor
- Dj & entertainment: NY Lounge Decor & Monopoli Music Group
- Rentals: Party Rental Ltd NY & Outback PT
- Signage & menus: @upside_designs
If you’re planning a destination wedding in New York City or the surrounding areas like Upstate New York, The Hamptons, or in downtown Manhattan, I’d love to chat! Reach me via my contact form linked below. I am always jet-setting to vibrant & wanderlust destinations with my couples and would love to have you on my calendar.
TARA IS AN AWARD-WINNING PHOTOGRAPHER SERVING LUXURY WEDDINGS & COUPLES IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA & WANDERLUST DESTINATIONS.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG POST? PIN IT FOR LATER…